Time for some tea this morning!
My dosha is Pitta – which is all about 🔥 fire.
There characteristics are as follows:
They have excellent digestion, warm body temperature, sleep soundly for short periods. When pitta is in balance those types will have lustruous complexion, perfect digestion, strong apetite and abundant energy. The have powerful intellect, strong ability to concentrate, when in balance they are good decision makers, teachers and speakers. They are sharp witted, direct and out spoken.
When out of balance
When out of balance, Pittas may suffer from certain physical syptoms like skin rashes, burning sensations, peptic ulcers, excessive body heat, heartburn, and indigestion. Emotionally They can be short-tempered and argumentative.
Good ways to stay in balance:
1. Balance your rest and activity. Let yourself have some free time, dont make time pressures for yourself. Remember don’t always be on the go. Balance rest and relaxation with work and exercise.
2.Don’t skip meals- eat when you are hungry but do not wait until you are famished. Find a good in between, when you start to feel hungry have a litlle something. You also dont want to feel FULL to the top.
3. Eat sweet bitter astringent foods like cucumbers, sweet fruits and melons (grapes, melons, cherries, coconuts, avocados, mangoes, pomegranates, fully ripe pineapples, oranges, and plums ). For veggies asparagus, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, okra, lettuce, green beans, and zucchini. Olive, sunflower and coconut oils are best used for cooking and cool spices, which include coriander, cilantro, cardamom, saffron, and fennel.
4. Spend time in nature- whether you take walks in the woods or bring nature inside with flowers in home and office. Nature helps balance a little bit of everything because of its grounding ability.
5. Daily massage with cool oils.
6. Blue green and silver in your environments as well as the clothes you wear will help to cool your internal fire.
7. LAUGH A LOT this is good for everyone!
8. Choose cool scents such as sandalwood, rose, jasmine, mint, lavender, fennel, and chamomile are recommended options.